At Kansas City House Painters, we specialize in interior house painting jobs of all types. That includes painting floors, such as basement floors and cement floors in areas like garages, mudrooms, and more.
A new coat of paint can make a cement floor look better than new, can offer other benefits such as waterproofing, and provide a more modern and sleek look.
Can My Floor Be Painted?
This depends on the specifics of your floor. Most cement floors can be painted, but they may need to be treated properly before painting can begin. Some laminate floors and wood floors can also be painted, but this depends on the finish of the floor and how it has been treated in the past.
In general, we always recommend painting concrete floors, but laminate or wood floors should be inspected by one of our painting experts, and the paint should be tested to ensure compatibility.
How to Paint a Garage Floor
If you would like your concrete floor to be painted, there are a few steps we take to make sure that the end result looks spectacular. Here are the details about our step-by-step floor painting process:
- Moisture and porosity testing – Our first step is to test the moisture levels in your concrete floor. Any previous coatings must be removed before we paint. In addition, if we detect excessive moisture, this issue must be resolved before we begin painting, to ensure a good result.
- Surface preparation – We’ll sand down your floors to remove any previous coatings or paint, and reveal a clean, smooth surface for painting. Then, we’ll remove dust and debris with a vacuum, and clean the entire surface thoroughly to prepare it for painting.
- Choosing the right paint – Our team will work with you to choose the proper paint color and finish for your floor.
- Prime and paint – In most cases, we’ll prime your floor before painting. However, some floor paints don’t need a primer due to their high binder content. Using the best quality materials and techniques, we will apply an even, smooth coat of paint to your floor.
- Finish and cleanup – We’ll clean up our supplies and tools, add finishing touches, make corrections and move your stuff back into place once your basement floor or concrete floor has dried.
In just a few simple steps, we can make your plain concrete floors look modern, beautiful, and attractive! No job is too big or too small.
Contact Us Now To Get An Estimate!
While we specialize in concrete floors, we can also paint laminate and wood. So if you’re interested in our services, please contact us right away.