Painting Kitchen Cabinets
If you’ve been thinking about renovating your kitchen and replacing your kitchen cabinets, the price of a new set of cabinets may surprise you. It may cost well over $10,000 to replace your cabinets – which is enough to bust the budget of most kitchen renovators!
But there’s good news. You don’t have to fully replace your kitchen cabinets in order to restore the appearance of your kitchen and create a beautiful, welcoming space for your family and your guests.
At Kansas City House Painters, we are experts at painting cabinets and refinishing them. Painting wood cabinets is a great way to restore their worn-out appearance. Whether you need someone to paint kitchen cabinets, or want help painting bathroom cabinets, we’re here for you!
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets
Here’s what’s involved in painting cabinets of any type wood:
- Hardware removal and cabinet restoration – First, we’ll remove all of the metal hardware on your cabinets and fill in any holes or imperfection in your cabinets. If you’re re-using the hardware, we’ll clean and polish it to prepare for re-installation.
- Sanding and surface prep – Then, we’ll sand the surface of all of the doors, drawers, and other areas of your cabinets to remove any remaining paint or stain. We’ll also caulk any gaps in your cabinets.
- Masking – After surface prep, we’ll mask off your kitchen and ensure that we are only painting directly on the cabinets, and that we protect the paint in the rest of your kitchen.
- Painting or staining – We’ll use brushes or spray tools to paint or stain your cabinets. Tell us about your desired result, and we will help choose the proper paint or stain for your needs. Whether you want a painted finish, a stain that brings out the natural beauty of the wood, or glazing that provides a contrasting look, we’re happy to help.
- Finishing – We’ll clean up after ourselves, and we’ll also finish your cabinets with a clear coat, if desired. This may change the color of the paint slightly, but will protect the cabinet surface from dings and scratches and help “lock-in” the new color more effectively.
The Benefits Of Repainting Kitchen Cabinets
There are many benefits from repainting your existing kitchen cabinets. First, it’s much cheaper than purchasing new cabinets. It’s also more environmentally-friendly – you don’t have to waste perfectly good cabinets that just need a new coat of paint.
Repainting your kitchen cabinets is more convenient than getting new cabinets. The process usually takes less than a week – while you could be waiting 3-6 weeks or longer for your kitchen to be finished, should you choose to replace your cabinets.
Painters for Kitchen Cabinets
Curious to learn if your cabinets can be repainted? Interested in a quote? Contact us right away to get details about pricing and our services!